Monday, January 26, 2009

An Update.

First of all, my dryer died at the beginning of last week. I was so sad! It was a hand-me-down from Grandpa Baird (my mom's dad) when he moved out of his house and has served us well for the past five years. I will miss it. The good thing is that I did get a new dryer out of it. I must say I am amazed at how much lower to the ground the drum is for only being a little bit bigger capacity. It is something that I will have to get use to. Now if I could only get the washer to die. No, not really! I need my washer! It was quite interesting to get reacquainted with the laundromat though. I was surprised at how much it cost me to do one week's worth of laundry. I had about $21 and still didn't have enough to get my clothes all of the way dry. If I would have thought a bit more about it, I would have washed my clothes at home and only took them there to dry. Then I wouldn't have spent as much money. I think I just wanted to get it all done in the hour. That is the best part about a laundromat!

I have my first test of the semester coming up on Wednesday, so yes, I really should be working on getting ready for that instead of posting, but I thought everyone deserved to hear all about my life instead! Aren't you all so lucky! The test is in my soils class and is open note. It is really just a bunch of math. It has irrigation planning and soil moisture content and all of that fun stuff. Did you get all of that?

In all of my efforts at finding an internship (which there wasn't any), I did not have any luck. Then today during my luch break a get a phone call from Rudy's Greenhouse. I did some seasonal work for them last year. They were offering me a job for this season starting tomorrow! It really is the perfect job for me. The work is pretty laid back up until May for Mother's Day. I will be getting flats ready to sell in the spring. Come May, I will be helping pull those flat out for wholesale orders. The owners are really great, so if anyone wants to come and see me while I am working then feel free! This first part will be mostly sitting down kind of work, so I could use the people to chat with! Can you tell I am really excited? This is about the time of year I get pretty antsy to get planting, and now I get to without the imminent death of the flowers. Hurray for me!!!! I will have to take some pictures of all of the flowers when they are in bloom about April. It is quite the sight to see.

Anyway, that is me for another week. Enjoy yourselves and don't work too hard.

1 comment:

Christensen Family said...

Congrats on the job and good luck with the rest of school! I don't know how you do it all!