Thursday, January 8, 2009

Happy New Year!

New Year's Eve was not too eventful. Clint had to work, so I went to my parent's house for the night. We let the kids stay up as late as they wanted (with the expectation that they would be ornery the next day), and Haden asked if he could go to bed at about ten. I was impressed that he was willing to ask for that. I half expected him to just fall asleep. After the kids were in bed, Mom and I watched a movie while Dad sat in the Lazy boy fighting to stay awake. He has never been one to stay awake later than 10:30, and that time gets bumped up now that he isn't thirty anymore. He was a very good sport about it. At ten we got a "Happy New Year" phone call from my brother. No, his clock wasn't set wrong or anything. He and his family are in Boston going to school. He was quite witty when he commented he felt like we were living in a different year. Hahaha.

When midnight hit Mom, Dad and I watched the neighbors shoot off illegal fireworks. It is something they do every year, and it is fun to watch them open the new year that way. We didn't stay up very long after that. Does anyone remember when we could stay up until four without any problem? I can't believe I could ever do that! Then again, I guess that is what kids do to you. But they are worth it! Have a great new year, everyone!

No comments: