Sunday, March 15, 2009

Drat! Spring Break is Over. Hurray! Only Six More Weeks!

So today is the last day of spring break and it was wonderful! I hope you all had as good as a week. It did start out a little iffy though. Last Saturday I was a good girl and got my research paper rough draft done for tomorrow and even got my mom to proofread it for me! Double hurray! Sunday came and went with nothing unusual, and Monday came without much excitement either. I didn't do any homework like I should have, but that is now done. I also got a lot of reading in on Tuesday, but that night I got a call from Rudy's saying they needed me back! Hurray, more flowers! I have to tell you the house with the 1500 flats of pansies looks and smells great! We have even had a few orders for them already. But I am getting ahead of myself.

Wednesday morning Haden woke up early with an ear ache, so before I took him and Shay to school I made an appointment to have that looked at. I wasn't at work for twenty minutes when the daycare called and told me Haden had thrown up and I needed to come get him. I brought him home and he slept the rest of the day. I did wake him up every once in a while to have him drink something, but right up to the doctor's appointment he slept. I was actually worried he wouldn't sleep that night because he was feeling better by the end of the day. But he did. The doctor mentioned that he could have thrown up because of the ear pain, but I wasn't worried too much about that. So there is my first day back of the job!

Thursday went smoothly. Haden was feeling better and Shay never did get sick, so I got in a full day's work. It was great to be able to plant again. We did the same thing on Friday, but we made up the baskets. All of the bosses (yes, there are a lot) seemed pretty stressed out about how much we had to do, but it sure seemed like we were moving pretty fast. Thursday we got one (and a little bit more) house full of planted flats, and Friday we got about 1000 baskets planted. Of course last year I started in May, not when all of the planting was being done.

So there is my week! I clean the carpet in my front room yesterday and spent way too much money on some slip covers for my couches. And now it is today!

No comments: