Monday, June 8, 2009

Well, it is officially over...

My work at Rudy's is done. I have successfully created the illusion that I am WAY to happy when I'm working with plants, I truly do enjoy loading a large moving van full of flowers, and I CAN make new friends. I must say that I will truly miss my co-workers from this season. Maybe it was my own attitude toward the situation, but the people this year were a lot more fun than last. Rudy's will always hold a special place in my heart. Thank you for teaching me so much!

To commemorate the end of the season, I hosted a little Rudy's barbecue. It was a lot of fun to see everyone for one last time, and to get to meet children, spouses, and significant others of the workers there. I think Haden and Shay enjoyed meeting the kids more than anything :) We put up the bounce house and a little tether ball wanna-be game for them, and they were completely content for the entire evening! Thank you Mom for the bounce house! It actually even entertained some of the adults as well!

One of my co-workers had a son that was celebrating his birthday, so we got him a cake and had a good time watching him blow out the candles (with the help of Haden, of course)! Here are a few pictures to mark the event (some were taken by Adee: a seven year old girl):







With that over and done, it is on to my new project: my dad's office. There is a lot of planting and weeding that needs to be done in the next week or so. My parents have gone to Europe on a little trip, and I would like the office to be complete before they get back. Kind of a little Father's Day/ 'finally done' surprise. The biggest problem being that I will need to plant about 350 perennials! That doesn't include the shrubs I will be adding! Yes, my trowel and I will be getting along quite well over the next week. I also volunteered my services at my parents' home to clean up and plant new things. Fortunately, there will be more weeding and less planting for that area. Yes, I do like to weed; call me crazy!

No comments: