Monday, June 1, 2009

One Week Left

So I have one week left for work. I must say that I will really miss working at Rudy's Greenhouse. The employers and wonderful to work for, and the co-workers this year were wonderful to work with. Thank you to all for a great experience as a cap to my education. I have learned a lot from all of you about plants and my area of study.

This past week has been a pretty good one! I have been able to pack up the winter things in preparation for the move to Altamont (yes, we really are going), thus allowing more room in my coat closet for the many other items that become hidden behind its doors. There is one really good thing about moving: de-junking! Clint doesn't like giving things away (which is a carry over from his parents- they save everything), but part of me thrives on it! I love taking things that we haven't used and giving them away. If someone else can benefit from our temporary mindless splurges and our weight gain, then I am more than happy to give them the blessings. I like the room de-junking provides and the sense of cleanliness. I guess you could say that I am the opposite of a pack rat. So this week I might get to go through all of our CD's and movies to decide which we will be moving, and which will have the pleasure of becoming someone else's property. Hmmmmm....yard sale? Not likely. Too much work for me. So if anyone wants some things, let me know and I will get them to you. This is fun!

The kids are already asking to go back to school. I guess I am just a bit too boring for them. Then again, it isn't such a bad idea where they are each the main playmate to the other, and do they love to push each other's buttons! But Haden's imagination is in full swing with maps, rescue clothes, super heroes, and dinosaurs. And Shay is right on his heals with whatever he comes up with. They are both great!

Clint will be leaving for his yearly 2 week training for the Guard on Friday and will be absent for the bulk of the packing process. I guess that means I get to go through his clothes :)

Here are some pics with the new camera (please be kind, we are still figuring it out):




3 comments:

The Hyer Family said...

Seriously Crystal, your kids are so cute...I love the one of them in the kitchen together....very very good looking kids! I'm with you on de-junking...the running joke (that's not a joke, it's true) is that if Andy's not careful and doesn't wear a shirt for a month or 2, it will disappear!

Piper said...

I am also de-junker. I love the feeling that comes afterward. I also love that all the songs in your play list are summer songs.

Christensen Family said...

We will sure miss you guys. I hope that you have fun in good ol' Altamont. I am more like Clint. I am a pack-rat. I keep everything. Blake is more like you. I guess that is how it is supposed to be though right? Good luck with the move!