Sunday, February 15, 2009

Here we go again.




So, I have actually been debating for a while as to what I would say. I even got on and started at the blank page and had nothing to write. So here I am trying to say what has been going on in our house. This will be a bit easier seeing as yesterday was Valentine's Day.

Clint was working yesterday on the day shift so it was just me and the kids. We actually had a lot of fun! I decided not to put a restriction on the candy and allowed them to make themselves sick. But at least the candy is gone and we don't have to argue about it! I also decided that since they were going to eat all of the candy, there was no point in cleaning up the house. That was kind of a mistake. Now the house is a HUGE mess and it is Sunday. I hate having my home a mess on Sunday; it seems to clutter up everything else about the day. But there isn't much I can do about it now. But we had fun! I gave both of the kids Valentine's books, of which Haden's was a beginning readers book. You know the ones with common words as pictures. When I got done reading it to him (with his help), he told me that he knows the little words (the pictures) but not the big words and asked for my help with them. Now he can read (or repeat) most of the words on the first four pages! It makes me happy to see that he wants to learn.

I took the kids to the mall to play after Shay's nap, and they really enjoyed themselves. One of the other mothers there mentioned the playarea was the best thing the mall could have done because shopping could be done and the kids don't get too bored. She seemed quite surprised when I told her I didn't even come here to shop, just to let the kids play. I would think that would be expected on a snowy day and an indoor playground. I must say, I do that quite often in the winter. How else will I get my kids to wind down after all of the sugar? At least, I thought it was a good idea.

2 comments:

The Hyer Family said...

I can't even count the number of times that I've taken my kids to the mall just to play on the equipment...I don't even try and shop with them!

Kim said...

How fun. I am usually such a stickler on candy on holidays and monitor every piece they eat, but I just didn't care this time. I guess you just have to pick your battles.