Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Oh, Christmas Tree!

Okay, so I was quite anxious to get the tree and decorations up this year. Everything was up the Saturday after Thanksgiving. That is actually still November! But now I am done and the rest of you aren't! Hahahaha! It also gives me more time to enjoy the season without worrying too much about my home. My mom made a comment I have to say is very true: In order to get the decorations up, you have to make a bigger mess! Of course then it gets cleaned up, but Clint and I brought up enough decoration boxes from the basement to fill up Mom's entire front room! I don't know how she was able to get through. The kids had a blast decorating the tree. I would give them ornaments and they would put them on the tree. The only issue is that they insisted on putting most of the ornaments on the same branch. So Shay would put five on one branch, and Haden put five on another branch, and so on. Needless to say, they kept falling off! Seeing as some of them could have broken, as the kids put the ornaments on, Clint moved the ones that doubled up. I don't think they really noticed, but we did keep mentioning to them to spread it out. It is an old proverb (or another Mother comment) that the kids grow by where they put the ornaments on the tree. When they are little, all of the decorations are near the bottom. As they get bigger, the bottom gets ignored. Thanks, Mom, for all of your wisdom. We did have an issue with the lights for the tree. We only had blue lights leftover from outside, and we didn't really want blue on the tree. So Clint went to reliable Wal-Mart and got some red and green strands. He came home and realized that although the box said there were 300 lights in each box, they were the garland style and didn't even make it all the way around the tree! So he continued back to Wal-Mart and exchanged them for more boxes of fewer lights. We now have six strands of lights on our tree and it looks great! Thank you Clint for your efforts! The kids were able to get new Chirstmas clothes for church and they looked great! I just hope they always want to look that good. Of course, I don't look near that good all of the time, so why should I expect them to? Have a wonderful holiday season and a great New Year!

No comments: