Friday, December 19, 2008

Little Pleasures


I'm not sure why, but I have really enjoyed looking at the little pleasures in life today. We are having quite the snow downfall today (it has been snowing for about five hours and 'doesn't show signs of stopping')! After I shoveled out the first foot of snow, I got the kids ready to play outside. They had a lot of fun with the neighbor kids throwing snow (the snow is too dry for snowballs) and making snow angels. Of course Shay wanted to come in quite a bit sooner than Haden, and I put her in the bath to warm her up. She was so cold! Haden came in about ten minutes later and was just as cold, so I got him into a bath. As soon as he got out of the bath he said he needed a cup of hot chocolate to warm up his hair. What that has to do with his hair, I don't know, but I was quick to oblige his need for a warm treat! I then started to take out the garbage. It seems that the garbage gets full so fast that we wait until we can't stuff anything else into it before we take it out. I just now realized how much I love an empty garbage can! I know! What is really going through my mind right now? What really happened to make me look at the trash in such a way? I'm not sure, but I am glad that I have an empty garbage can right now. So here is to the little things in life that make it worth living: to hot chocolate and warm baths when we are cold, to empty garbage cans, to a loving family, shelter from the elements, a call or e-mail from a friend we haven't seen in a while, and anything else anyone can think of. Love it all!

No comments: