Saturday, November 1, 2008

We had quite the fun time on Halloween. We first started the week with a carnival at the kids' daycare. They had fun, but Shay was quite hesitant about all of her teachers looking like witches and such. I do have to say, the best costume was Shay's teacher who took I Dream of Jeanie and turned her into a diaper genie! It was great. She had an empty diaper genie container on her head with her hair through it and diapers taped around her waist. I will always remember that one! I guess you really have to be a parent to understand the true value of that. Haden loved seeing all of the different costumes that his friends came up with. He was also very quick to point out all of the Spiderman costumes as that is what he was last year.

On Halloween day we got out of school early (okay, we do every Friday. My classes don't go as long), and Clint took them to lunch while I went to a post-op appointment. When we got home, we all got ready for dinner with Grandma, Grandpa, Nana, and Papa. Okay, really I got things ready while the kids got really excited to trick-or-treating. After we all ate dinner Clint and his mom took the kids around to get candy. I also discovered no one really wants to come to our house. Last year we went to my parents' neighborhood so we didn't buy any candy. This year I got two bags of candy and about ten people at my door. We had a couple of teenagers come by and I gave them a couple of handfulls a piece, then encouraged them to come back for the rest of the bucket. I guess I won't be doing that again next year!

All in all, everyone enjoyed themselves and had a good time relaxing. I hope everyone else had a good and safe time! Now we get to look forward to Thanksgiving!

No comments: